Saturday, June 25, 2011

Airplane Pictures

I thought I'd share a couple of cool shots from a recent trip home from Newport News.

If you ever fly out of Newport News, you usually fly right over what's called the James River Ghost Fleet.  Many of the ships have been moved since Virginians think they are environmental hazards, but, a few remain.  You may need to click the picture in a photo editor and zoom in to see them, but they're down there.  And, yes, this is early enough in flight your electronic equipment is supposed to be off.  Sue me.
On the same flight, I caught this cool sunset:
Looks like the next time I go, I am going to drive, since the fuel prices have caught up to the airlines.  That means an intermediary stop in GSO.  July 7/8, I think.  Not definite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment